Big Ass Fans and Amazon Alexa
YOU’RE IN CONTROL
We’ve worked alongside Amazon—a global leader in voice recognition technology—to make controlling your Big Ass Fans products as easy as the word “Go.” Want to increase your fan’s speed after a run? Just tell Alexa, and she’ll take care of the rest.
JUST SAY THE WORD
- Link your Haiku, Essence, or i6 by Big Ass Fans account to the Amazon Alexa app with the push of a button to enable convenient voice control.
- Command Amazon Echo products from across the room with far-field voice technology.
- Use simple voice commands to adjust fan speed, light brightness, and turn your products on or off.
- Use Alexa to group Big Ass Fans and lights together for seamless, synchronized operation.
- “Alexa, turn Living Room Fan on.”
- “Alexa, turn Living Room Fan off.”
- “Alexa, make Dining Room fan slower.”
- “Alexa, increase Bedroom fan speed.”
- “Alexa, set Family Room fan to 20%.”
(Fan speed from 0 (Off) to 100% (Max))
- “Alexa, turn Living Room Light on.”
- “Alexa, turn Living Room Light off.”
- “Alexa, set Living Room Light to maximum.”
- “Alexa, set Living Room Light to minimum.”
- “Alexa, set the Living Room Light to 20%.”
(Light brightness from 0 (Off) to 100% (Max))
Tip: You can add variations to the commands above. (ex: “Alexa, turn on the office light.”)
How to Connect Your Amazon Alexa
Install your fan and set up your Amazon Echo according to the instructions. Have your Wi-Fi router’s SSID and password handy.
Download the Amazon Alexa app and the Haiku by Big Ass Fans or i6 by Big Ass Fans app on the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
Open your Haiku or i6 app and follow the instructions to create your account and connect your fan.
Use the Alexa app to connect your Amazon account to your Haiku or i6 account. Discover your fan and lights within the Alexa app.
TAKE CONTROL. GET A QUOTE.
Call us at 844-924-4277, or request a call back below to speak with a Big Ass Fan Expert and learn more about how our controls options can increase your comfort and savings.